zaterdag 25 juli 2020

Motel C

Discard me like a broken watch.
In Motel C I witness
how time becomes a business.

Part with me, we're a frozen match.
Consume me, console me,
I-hope-we-can-stay-friend me.

The hours aren't too friendly,
they dissolve into dust.
The shock might cleanse our frames
from any lingering lust.

Many hours to kill, still,
or vice versa, ill will.

Count the coins in my mouth,
put my head in the ground,
like an ostrich,
see no evil,
life is wicked enough.

Absorbing the sand all around me,
trying to build me a fortress,
trying to ward off the future;
it still seems way too obscene.

You're with me. You're not.
The white sheets they're waveless.
The minutes, the hours,
they wound me like daggers.
Like hammers they shatter
each bone in this vessel.

I'm a dearly departed
in our dismal harbour,
sailing towards uncertainty,
Capital You & captain me.

This ship is such a sham.
And ain't it a shame,
the foghorn wails,
the clock is still ticking.

I know every corner of this room,
I'm a resident at C,
encapsulated between these four horizons.

Captain me.
Capsule me.
Consume me.
Contain me.
Convert me.
 
Defriend me.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten